Applications are invited from suitably qualified employees to fill the above vacancy in the Coil Processing Department.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Co-ordinating the daily first line electrical activities within the department
- Management and the allocation and supervision of tasks to all the Electrical Artisans within the department
- Management and the allocation and supervision of tasks to all the Control Technicians within the department
- Maximo assignment and work order management
- Spares management
- Manage and instill good SHE values in the team.
The requirements for the position include:
- A Diploma in Electrical Engineering or suitable equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in a large manufacturing environment
- Safety conscious with a good understanding of all SHE principles
- A strong understanding of electrical systems
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Knowledge and understanding of 11kv reticulation
- Extensive knowledge of different switch gears
- Extensive knowledge of Maximo and work management systems
- Excellent planning capabilities
- The ability to read and interpret drawings
- Electrical fault finding experience and understanding and the ability to lead the team in problem solving and crisis situations
- Understanding of interface between electrical, CIE and mechanical teams
- To drive a relationship between the maintenance team and the production teams where applicable
- A strong drive for consistent teamwork
- Availability to work shifts and standby.