Based in Pietermaritzburg our client is requiring a Control Engineer.
- Continuous improvement of the manufacturing process, including quality, throughput, availability, and safety
- Leading fault-finding and root cause analyses and investigating and formulating optimal solutions to complex manufacturing process problems
- Understanding, optimizing, and maintaining sophisticated process control systems
- Implementing preventative and predictive maintenance systems
- Executing and managing specialized engineering projects
- Using modern information technology tools to analyze, plan and optimize
The requirements for the position include:
- BSc/B.Tech engineering degree preferably in Electrical Light Current, electronic or electro-mechanical engineering,
- At least five years’ experience in a heavy process manufacturing environment,
- Experience working on advanced control systems,
- A high degree of computer literacy, including experience in the use of development and application tools and statistical process control,
- PLC/DCS experience, or experience in other types of real-time controllers, including knowledge of and expertise in the maintenance of control systems.
- Knowledge of structured programming languages such as Ladder logic
- Ability to adapt to various situations in a pressurized environment
- An analytical, innovative, and hands-on work style and ability to interact with a diverse, multi-skilled team.