Based in Pmb we require and Operations and Engineering Manager;
- Set targets and KPA’s in line with the operational strategy and Master Plan.
- Conduct business risk assessments.
- Facilitate IMA VM L2 meetings.
- Formalise agreed actions on operational performance.
- Facilitate monthly team reviews.
- Participate in business review meetings to review and align progress.
- Present on performance to senior management (OPP and VFL).
Planning and Scheduling
- Facilitate integrated supply review meeting as per IBP framework.
- Lead Reliability Centred Maintenance forums.
- Lead Plant Maintenance (PM) planning and sign-off meetings in line with IBP framework.
- Facilitate IMA VM L2 meetings.
Strategies and systems to monitor and improve throughput, cost and quality
- Lead process control initiative.
- Review the daily recovery reports and quality deviations.
- Facilitate problem solving and guide with improvement projects.
- Create headroom.
- Review CPK reports to identify deviations and relevant actions.
- Review and sign off SOP’s and lot tickets.
Safety health and environment
- Facilitate the safety systems review session and the area safety meeting.
- Participate in plant safety meeting.
- Lead by example.
- Conduct and analyse Planned Job Observations (PJO’s).
- Conduct critical task risk assessments.
- Analyse non-compliances / near misses.
- Participate in safety investigations.
- Review safety reports.
- Conduct safety walkabouts.
- Co-ordinate and oversee explosion risk audits.
- Participate in management review meeting on explosion risk.
- Monitor safety performance against the HSE compliance scorecard.
- Prepare for and execute annual ISO audits.
People engagement, management and development
- Participate in the recruitment process – interviews and selection of team members.
- Develop and facilitate induction programme for new team members.
- Interact daily with staff.
- Agree Performance Contracts.
- Agree Personal Development Plans.
- Support and coach team members.
- Facilitate 6-weekly One-on-one conversations.
- Conduct bi-annual Performance Reviews.
- Facilitate appropriate Career Development and Succession Planning.
- Take corrective action on performance deficiencies.
- Develop and implement training matrixes and plans.
Employee relations and engagement
- Complete and analyse climate surveys.
- Coach team members in IR processes and practices.
- Apply the disciplinary process through to written warnings.
- Interact positively with employees in the workplace.
- Facilitate the DAF meeting and participate in the ERC meeting.
- Monitor and review time and attendance exceptions, leave, overtime etc
- Maintain personal files.
Budget and cost management
- Develop area budget (Operating and CAPEX).
- Participate in finance system and cost review sessions.
- Identify and manage cost improvements projects.
- Monitor and authorise major costs (e.g. consumables and overtime.
- Analyse and investigate monthly budget variances against the Consumption and Waste dashboard.
- Identify and initiate projects.
- Champion, drive and/or manage projects.
The key attributes required for this position include:
- Eng/B.Tech Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in engineering and operations management.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and leadership potential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong accounting experience.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet all financial reporting deadlines.
- An exceptional and strong team player.
- The ability to prioritize, use own initiative and discretion within the scope of the position.
The ability to interact across all levels of the organization