The core responsibilities include
- Design optimal process routes for slitting current and new products.
- Slitting performance and efficiency.
- Implementing and sustaining systems for ensuring optimum slitting process for internal and external supplier grinding processes.
- Apply and justify CAPEX for tooling replenishment and advice on leading technology and vendor selection.
- Responsible for determining, managing and improving machine capability with regards to machine slitting.
- Problem -solving using process engineering tools.
- Development of technical competence
- Developing training material and conducting training for manufacturing personnel.
- Conduct internal audits of tooling equipment; storage and process to ensure sustaining of good practices
The required competencies and abilities include:
- Mechanical/Metallurgy: Engineering qualification (National Diploma, B Tech or degree is preferable).
- A minimum of 10 years in operations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in slitting process, technology and equipment in aluminum or steel and tooling management.
- Understanding of budgeting and cost management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Management Systems applicable to manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement approach applicable to manufacturing processes.
- Theoretical understanding of slitting technology.
- Knowledge of different types of the slitters and their advantages together with different types of entry and exit equipment’s with their use on slitter machines.
- Demonstrate understanding of what defines slit edge/fracture mechanics and quality factors that affect slit edge and how they are controlled.