Overall purpose of the position:
Improving and sustaining the overall performance of Maximo (Computerised Maintenance Management System) by ensuring the effective and efficient use throughout Hulamin. This is achieved by the following key focus areas:
- Assure the effective use of Maximo by leading the business, especially the maintenance planners, in establishing and enforcing the principles of good maintenance planning and work management.
- Assist in the asset risk management system by reporting on compliance to maintenance plans, asset condition and progress on mitigation actions.
- Assure that the maintenance management systems and processes are understood by key stakeholders and train where necessary.
- Manage the optimum use of the maintenance management systems by ensuring that the master data contained within Maximo is up to date and appropriate
- Build and maintain the accuracy of the Location and Asset master data within Maximo.
- Lead the Classification of new inventory items to ensure consistency of data
- Specify development needs (reports or configuration changes) to improve the current system to meet new identified needs and draft User Requirement documentation.
- Trouble Shoot data or system problems and assist in their resolution
- Required competencies and abilities:
· Minimum required is a National Diploma in Engineering or equivalent.
· At least 10 years extensive planning (work management) experience preferably utilizing Maximo.
· In-depth knowledge of Maximo with a strong systems emphasis.
· Knowledge of international Classification Systems
· Proficiency in Visio would be an advantage
· Prior experience in a business information systems role involving the design, development and implementation of business systems would be advantageous.
· Project management experience – ideally systems implementation projects
· Strong analytical thinker, but with the capability to step back and consider the bigger picture (strategic / conceptual thinking)
· Logical thinker with high numeric proficiency
· Highly capable in problem solving and tenacity to work through complexity, challenges and data constraints to develop appropriate solutions to complex business problems
· Ability to network easily with a range of stakeholders to gain buy-in to ideas and suggestions and well as to gather input, opinions, information and data.
· Highly computer literate.
· Self-motivated individual that can drive complex projects to completion with low requirement for supervision.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.