The core responsibilities of the position include:
- Attending to electrical breakdowns, preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, and shutdown projects and implementing plant improvements.
- Working on various machine centres within our Foil Rolling , Foil Finishing and Alpaste plants
- Assisting with or leading in the development of maintenance systems.
- Fault finding of various control systems including PLC’s, Variable Speed AC and DC drives and general instrumentation.
- Cost containments, optimization and continuous improvements, maintain SHERQ standards
- Be able to problem solve using various problem solving tools
- Working as a member of the team ensuring overall plant objectives are achieved in terms of production, safety, and quality and plant reliability.
The requirements of the position may include:
- Must have served an apprenticeship and been successfully trade-tested
- Have a minimum of 5 years post apprenticeship experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Be in possession of COC and wireman’s license
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical drawings
- Conversant with Isolation and Lock-out procedures
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey technical skills and knowledge.
- Previous working experience in Siemens PLCs, Siemens AC and DC drives, overhead cranes, Maximo or similar CMM systems, Electro-pneumatics and hydraulics, basic instrumentation related to level, pressure, position, and temperature control and basic auto electrical equipment
- Ability to interface with all levels of persons in the organization
- Ability to work as part of a team and fully independently when required
- Actively participate in reliability forums
- Be prepared to work shifts, overtime and standby.